I’ve had a nice, quiet few days, spent with family and friends. The food and booze have been flowing thick and fast, and I feel like an overstuffed turkey right now. I’ve put on a few pounds, as is usual at this time of year, and now I have to spend the next couple of months exercising and cutting back on the eating, so I can get rid of the weight that I’ve put on over a few short days. It’s always a heckuva lot easier to put it on than it is to get it off again.
So what did Santa bring me for Christmas? Well, I’m waiting until the New Year to get the expensive stuff – I’ve got my eye on a nice 10 inch tablet computer and a 27 inch flatscreen monitor for my desktop – so this year’s Christmas haul is pretty much made up of lots of small things, mostly books and DVDs.
- X-Men: First Class
- District 9
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2
- The Pirates in an Adventure with Scientists (animated film by the creators of Chicken Run and Wallace & Gromit)
- Hanna Barbera 4 DVD Bumper Pack (Box Set containing Dastardly & Muttley Vol. 1, Wacky Races Vol. 1, Top Cat Vol. 1 and Hong Kong Phooey Vol. 1)
- Destroyer of Worlds by Larry Niven and Edward M. Lerner (prequel to Ringworld) [hardback]
- Doctor Who – The Coming of the Terraphiles by Michael Moorcock [hardback]
- Space (MK/Miles Kelly book of facts and information about space)
- Painting Box Learn to Paint Landscapes & Figures (box set of two practical painting books)
- Paint & Paper – A Masterclass in Colour and Light by David Oliver (large oversized hardback)
- Ultimate Creative Crafts – Step-by-step instructions for over 70 creative crafts projects
That’s quite a nice haul of Christmas presents, if I do say so myself. It’s going to take me a while going through this lot. 🙂
You must be logged in to post a comment.